The Python 201 for Hackers course builds upon the Python 101 for Hackers course by moving beyond the basics. You will learn more advanced programming concepts and techniques, with a focus on how to use and apply Python as a Windows hacking tool.
Prior Python programming knowledge is required to be successful in this course. The Python 201 for Hackers course content will not cover or explain introductory Python concepts or techniques.
Students should take this Python 201 for Hackers course if they are interested in:
- Understanding more advanced Python programming concepts such as decorators, generators, serialization and closures
- Learning how to identify and use Object Oriented Programming techniques and approaches within their Python scripts
- Building upon introductory Python 101 concepts and applying knowledge to create practical Windows hacking applications such as keyloggers, encrypted bind shells and process injectors
- Patience and a willingness to learn
- A computing environment (Windows, Linux, Mac) with at least 8GB of RAM and 20GB of disk space
- Prior virtualization (Virtual Box) knowledge preferred
- Prior Python programming knowledge (such as the syllabus covered in the Python 101 for Hackers course)
What will I learn?
The following concepts will be taught in this course:
- Object Oriented Programming core concepts and Python implementations including classes, objects, methods, inheritance, encapsulation, polymorphism, operator overloading and class decorators
- How to work with and debug lower level languages (including C and assembly) and data types from within Python to interface with the official Windows API, the undocumented Windows API and the kernel via direct system calls
- Building upon standard Python functionality and leveraging modules to perform web scraping, port scanning, threading, cryptography, direct executable conversion and process creation
- How to leverage Python to extend Burp and create custom extensions, directly inject a DLL into a remote Windows process and hijack an existing thread to directly execute in-memory shellcode
Course Curriculum - 7.5 Hours
About the Instructor
Riley has technical security consultancy experience – leading and building teams to deliver projects and outcomes for clients. He has created and facilitated technical trainings across secure coding, python for hackers, offensive operations and Capture The Flag competitions. Riley has created technical educational content across YouTube and his personal Capture The Flag platform – 247CTF.
Riley holds a number of certifications including OSCP, OSCE, OSED CEH, CISA, CISSP, CRTO, CRT and CREST CCT. He has also completed a Bachelor of Software Engineering degree with honours from the Australian National University.
Follow Riley on Social Media:
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/rileykidd/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/247CTF
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/247CTF
Personal - https://247CTF.com/
Practical Ethical Hacking - The Complete Course
Learn how to hack like a pro by a pro. 25 hours of up to date practical hacking techniques with absolutely no filler.
Windows Privilege Escalation for Beginners
Learn how to escalate privileges on Windows machines with absolutely no filler.
Linux Privilege Escalation for Beginners
Learn how to escalate privileges on Linux machines with absolutely no filler.
Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Fundamentals
Learn the ins and outs of Open Source Intelligence and step up your investigative game.
External Pentest Playbook
Learn to conduct an external network penetration test from start to finish
Practical Malware Analysis & Triage
Arm yourself with knowledge and bring the fight to the bad guys. Learn the state of the art of malware analysis and reverse engineering.
Practical Web Application Security and Testing
An entry-level course on web application technologies, security considerations for web application development, and the web application penetration testing process.
Practical Windows Forensics
Learn how to conduct a digital forensic investigation on a Windows system from start to finish
The Definitive GRC Analyst Master Class
Everything you need to know to dive into the cybersecurity GRC pool
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a refund if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Yes. All courses come with a 3-day money-back guarantee.
Will I receive a certificate of completion when I finish a course?
Yes. All courses come with a certificate of completion.
Do the courses count as Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
Yes. Every certificate of completion comes with the total CEUs earned listed on the certificate.
Do course purchases come with lifetime access?
Yes. You only pay once for our courses!
Can I migrate Udemy courses?
Unfortunately, we cannot migrate users from Udemy to the Academy. Udemy does not provide us with student enrollment information. The Udemy courses do receive quality of life updates and are still supported by our team. We apologize for any inconvenience.
What's the difference between purchasing a course and the All-Access Pass?
When a student purchases a course, either individually or with a bundle, they receive lifetime access to the course and its materials. When a student purchases the All-Access pass subscription, they receive access to all of our courses and content, but the access is removed once the monthly subscription ends.