This course focuses on Android and iOS Mobile Application Penetration testing. The course will demonstrate common techniques to extract sensitive data from Android and iOS Application such as API Keys, stored secrets, and firebase databases, and provide a solid foundation for continuing a career as a Mobile Application Penetration Tester. This course will cover the common methodologies and practices you can utilize to start Bug Bounty hunting mobile applications.
The student should have:
- A basic understanding of Web Application or API-based penetration testing
- Some familiarity with Mobile Application platforms such as iOS and Android (like how to navigate to settings, install applications, etc.) is expected.
For the Android section of this course the following device requirements will apply:
- Windows, Linux, or MacOS based machine
- 16 GB of RAM or more (to run virtual machines as well as emulated devices)
- At least 250GB of available storage
For the iOS Section of this course the following device requirements will apply:
- MacOS-based Machine (Macbook, Mac Mini, etc.), preferably with 16 GB of RAM as well as at least 250GB of available storage
- Physical iPhone or iPad running iOS 14.7 or less (for jailbreaking purposes)
What will I learn?
- How to follow the Penetration Testing and Mobile Application Penetration Testing Processes
- How to setup a lab environment to analyze both iOS and Android Mobile applications that are pulled directly from the Apple and Google Play Stores
- Manual analysis of Mobile Applications for sensitive information such as URLs, Storage Buckets, Firebase Databases, and other Stored Secret
- Automated analysis of Mobile Applications by using tools like MobSF
- How to break SSL Pinning by using Objection and Frida for both iOS and Android
- The OWASP Top Ten for Mobile
- How to jailbreak an iOS device
Course Curriculum - 7+ Hours
- Windows - JADX-GUI (1:49)
- Windows - adb Install (2:53)
- Windows - apktool install (4:09)
- Windows - Android Studio Install (1:55)
- Kali Linux - PimpMyKali (Easy Mode) (3:59)
- Kali Linux - adb Install (0:20)
- Kali Linux - apktool Install (1:12)
- Kali Linux - JADX-GUI Install (2:34)
- Kali Linux - Android Studio Install (4:22)
- Mac - Brew (1:16)
- Mac - JADX-GUI (0:45)
- Mac - apktool (0:47)
- Mac - Android Studio (6:03)
- Emulator Setup & Recommendations (All Platforms) (10:38)
- Accessing ADB Shell from a VM/Networked Device (4:39)
- Additional Emulator Options Android (Optional) (2:33)
- Physical Device Setup (Optional) (4:50)
- Common Issue: No Extended Controls (1:45)
- Pulling an APK From the Google Play Store (5:36)
- Intro to Injured Android (3:14)
- Android Manifest.xml (9:26)
- Manual Static Analysis (9:50)
- Enumerating AWS Storage Buckets via Static Analysis (9:05)
- How to Find Hardcoded Strings (11:53)
- Injured Android Static Analysis (Flags 1-4) (11:59)
- Enumerating Firebase Databases via Static Analysis (7:25)
- Automated Analysis using MobSF (20:53)
- Intro to SSL Pinning/Dynamic Analysis (9:13)
- Dynamic Analysis using MobSF (16:07)
- Burp Suite Install and Overview (7:39)
- Burp Suite Setup/Intercept (8:08)
- Proxyman Install & Usage (12:41)
- Patching Applications Automatically using Objection (7:47)
- Patching Applications Manually (16:05)
- Dynamic Analysis - Final Notes and Vectors (6:10)
- The Frida Codeshare (2:32)
- Using Frida Codeshare & Startup Scripts (2:51)
- Common Issue: Can't Decode Resources (1:24)
- Burp Suite Setup & Usage (4:56)
- Proxyman - iOS (6:24)
- SSL Pinning iOS (1:55)
- Using Objection for iOS (9:35)
- Jailbreaking (8:08)
- Burp Mobile Assistant (Optional) (5:44)
- SSL Killswitch (9:22)
- Jailbreaking iOS 15.x-16.x (8:26)
- SSL Killswitch iOS 15.x-16.x (3:06)
- Traffic Interception iOS 15.x-16.x (3:06)
About the Instructor
Aaron is a passionate security professional with experience in the Fortune 50. He is a Sr. Penetration Tester responsible for Mobile Application Penetration Testing of over 20 Mobile Apps. He is also an avid Capture the Flag Creator and has published multiple rooms on TryHackMe. Aaron is also CEO and Founder of the Wilson Security Group and publishes videos on YouTube on security topics and cybersecurity certification reviews.
Aaron holds certifications such as the eMAPT, CISSP, eCPPTv2, eWAPTv2, CEH, and eJPT certifications among others. He holds a bachelor's degree in Security and Risk Analysis from Penn State University as well as a Master's in Information Assurance and Cybersecurity from Western Governor's University (WGU).
Follow Aaron on Social Media:
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/wilson-security
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/WilsonSecurityGroup
TryHackMe Hacker Methodology - https://tryhackme.com/room/hackermethodology
Practical Ethical Hacking - The Complete Course
Learn how to hack like a pro by a pro. 25 hours of up to date practical hacking techniques with absolutely no filler.
Windows Privilege Escalation for Beginners
Learn how to escalate privileges on Windows machines with absolutely no filler.
Linux Privilege Escalation for Beginners
Learn how to escalate privileges on Linux machines with absolutely no filler.
Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Fundamentals
Learn the ins and outs of Open Source Intelligence and step up your investigative game.
External Pentest Playbook
Learn to conduct an external network penetration test from start to finish
Practical Malware Analysis & Triage
Arm yourself with knowledge and bring the fight to the bad guys. Learn the state of the art of malware analysis and reverse engineering.
Python 201 For Hackers
Move beyond the basics and learn how to actively use Python as a Windows hacking tool
Practical Web Application Security and Testing
An entry-level course on web application technologies, security considerations for web application development, and the web application penetration testing process.
Practical Windows Forensics
Learn how to conduct a digital forensic investigation on a Windows system from start to finish
The Definitive GRC Analyst Master Class
Everything you need to know to dive into the cybersecurity GRC pool
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a refund if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Yes. All courses come with a 3-day money-back guarantee.
Will I receive a certificate of completion when I finish a course?
Yes. All courses come with a certificate of completion.
Do the courses count as Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
Yes. Every certificate of completion comes with the total CEUs earned listed on the certificate.
Do course purchases come with lifetime access?
Yes. You only pay once for our courses!
Can I migrate Udemy courses?
Unfortunately, we cannot migrate users from Udemy to the Academy. Udemy does not provide us with student enrollment information. The Udemy courses do receive quality of life updates and are still supported by our team. We apologize for any inconvenience.
What's the difference between purchasing a course and the All-Access Pass?
When a student purchases a course, either individually or with a bundle, they receive lifetime access to the course and its materials. When a student purchases the All-Access pass subscription, they receive access to all of our courses and content, but the access is removed once the monthly subscription ends.