The Python 101 for Hackers course teaches an introduction to Python programming and concepts, with a focus on techniques, modules and examples which are useful for a hacker. No prior Python programming knowledge is required to be successful in this introductory course.
Students should take this Python 101 for Hackers course if they are interested in:
- Understanding fundamental Python programming concepts, required to automate common hacking and bug bounty related tasks
- Learning how to identify and mitigate Python programming errors which may occur when attempting to execute code snippets or proof of concept (PoC) scripts
- Bridging the gap between generic programming concepts and practical hacking applications such as password cracking, web login brute forcing or exploitation of SQL injections
- Patience and a willingness to learn
- A computing environment (Windows, Linux, Mac) with at least 8GB of RAM and 20GB of disk space
- Prior virtualization (Virtual Box) knowledge preferred
What will I learn?
The following concepts will be taught in this course:
- The difference between Python2 and Python3, and how to leverage both as hacking and automation tools
- How to install, setup and configure a Python environment in Kali Linux with Virtual Box
- Fundamental programming concepts: variables, data types, string formatting, booleans, operators, tuples, lists, dictionaries, sets conditionals, functions and loops
- Python programming concepts useful for solving hacking and automation tasks: reading files, writing files, handling user input, exception and error handling, comprehensions and lambdas
- How to leverage and extend Python using common and hacking focused modules
- Practical examples demonstrating how to perform SSH login brute forcing, SHA256 password cracking, web login form brute forcing and SQL injection exploitation using Python
- Understanding the importance of documenting and commenting your work and recommendations to continue mastering Python and programming moving forward
Course Curriculum - 5.5 Hours
- Variables & data types (10:32)
- Numbers (6:48)
- String formatting (21:29)
- Booleans & operators (17:13)
- Tuples (9:54)
- Lists (12:50)
- Dictionaries (5:40)
- Sets (6:42)
- Conditionals (14:08)
- Loops (9:17)
- Reading and writing files (8:05)
- User input (4:22)
- Exceptions and error handling (8:55)
- Comprehensions (8:54)
- Functions and code reuse (18:25)
- Lambdas (6:06)
About the Instructor
Riley has technical security consultancy experience – leading and building teams to deliver projects and outcomes for clients. He has created and facilitated technical trainings across secure coding, python for hackers, offensive operations and Capture The Flag competitions. Riley has created technical educational content across YouTube and his personal Capture The Flag platform – 247CTF.
Riley holds a number of certifications including OSCP, OSCE, OSED CEH, CISA, CISSP, CRTO, CREST CRT and CREST CCT. He has also completed a Bachelor of Software Engineering degree with honours from the Australian National University.
Follow Riley on Social Media:
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/rileykidd/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/247CTF
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/247CTF
Personal - https://247CTF.com/
Practical Ethical Hacking - The Complete Course
Learn how to hack like a pro by a pro. 25 hours of up to date practical hacking techniques with absolutely no filler.
Windows Privilege Escalation for Beginners
Learn how to escalate privileges on Windows machines with absolutely no filler.
Linux Privilege Escalation for Beginners
Learn how to escalate privileges on Linux machines with absolutely no filler.
Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Fundamentals
Learn the ins and outs of Open Source Intelligence and step up your investigative game.
External Pentest Playbook
Learn to conduct an external network penetration test from start to finish
Practical Malware Analysis & Triage
Arm yourself with knowledge and bring the fight to the bad guys. Learn the state of the art of malware analysis and reverse engineering.
Python 201 For Hackers
Move beyond the basics and learn how to actively use Python as a Windows hacking tool
Practical Web Application Security and Testing
An entry-level course on web application technologies, security considerations for web application development, and the web application penetration testing process.
Practical Windows Forensics
Learn how to conduct a digital forensic investigation on a Windows system from start to finish
The Definitive GRC Analyst Master Class
Everything you need to know to dive into the cybersecurity GRC pool
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a refund if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Yes. All courses come with a 3-day money-back guarantee.
Will I receive a certificate of completion when I finish a course?
Yes. All courses come with a certificate of completion.
Do the courses count as Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
Yes. Every certificate of completion comes with the total CEUs earned listed on the certificate.
Do course purchases come with lifetime access?
Yes. You only pay once for our courses!
Can I migrate Udemy courses?
Unfortunately, we cannot migrate users from Udemy to the Academy. Udemy does not provide us with student enrollment information. The Udemy courses do receive quality of life updates and are still supported by our team. We apologize for any inconvenience.
What's the difference between purchasing a course and the All-Access Pass?
When a student purchases a course, either individually or with a bundle, they receive lifetime access to the course and its materials. When a student purchases the All-Access pass subscription, they receive access to all of our courses and content, but the access is removed once the monthly subscription ends.