Welcome to the Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) Analyst Master Class. This class assumes no prior background knowledge and is setup to give you a full scope understanding and the practical skills needed to be an effective GRC Analyst.
Cybersecurity workforce development is focused on red team and blue team skills, but GRC is terribly underserved for training.
This course fills that gap by offering practical application of risk, audit, policy development, and security awareness skills needed for modern GRC analysts.
In this course, we will cover:
- An IT primer. While you don’t need to have prior IT experience, you will need to know some fundamental IT concepts to properly apply the GRC skills you learn.
- GRC as an information security capability. If you are going to be a GRC analyst you need to understand how the role fits into the larger information security office and how it interfaces with the business.
- Compliance and Audit work. A great starting point for any GRC analyst, we begin with why compliance exists and why businesses need it. We then deliver on the audit work around compliance and share a practical audit lab.
- Practical Security Awareness. An often undervalued skill, you will learn how to make effective security awareness content that engages your end user community and reduces cyber risk. You will use a collection of tools to develop a security awareness briefing in a lab.
- Cybersecurity risk. This is the bread and butter function of a GRC analyst and we spare no expense and going deep on this topic. You will learn what risk is and how to calculate it. We will assess risk in a lab to show you how you too can properly understand any business’s cybersecurity risk.
- Instructional Governance work. Governance is critical to adoption and business buy-in. This section will teach you about policies, procedures, and standards. We cap it off by writing a policy from scratch in real time so you can too!
- Getting a GRC Analyst Job. What good are these skills if you can’t get paid to use them. This section breaks down all the aspects of how to go about getting a GRC Analyst job.
- It’s important to note the lecture videos are a collection of produced “lecture” style vides, and livestream “in-the-moment” style videos. Each has its own strength, but all of them will deliver value and excellence in the ultimate goal of understanding and executing as a GRC Analyst!
Course Curriculum - 7 Hours
- 1.1 Introduction (2:39)
- 1.2 Cybersecurity Primer Baseline Assessment
- 1.3 What is Cybersecurity? (14:10)
- 1.4 What does a GRC Analyst do? (8:29)
- 1.5 Where does a GRC Analyst Fit in the Cybersecurity Picture? (6:28)
- 1.6 Understanding Technology (11:44)
- 1.7 Understanding Threats (9:09)
- 1.8 Quiz - Cybersecurity Primer
- 1.9 Conclusion and Touchpoints (2:09)
- 2.1 Introduction (3:49)
- 2.2 Compliance and Audit Baseline Assessment
- 2.3 Cybersecurity Frameworks (24:41)
- 2.4 Regulations and Compliance Standards (8:13)
- 2.4b SOC2 (Guest Lecturer) (15:07)
- 2.4c NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) [Bonus Material] (72:52)
- 2.5 Practical Auditing (Practical Lab) (28:39)
- 2.5b Practical Auditing (Part 2) (45:10)
- 2.6 Quiz - Compliance and Audit
- 2.7 Conclusion and Touchpoints (5:22)
- 2.8 Resume Bullet Unlocked
- 4.1 Introduction (5:53)
- 4.2 Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Baseline Assessment
- 4.3 What is Cybersecurity Risk? (1 of 4) (14:31)
- 4.4 What is Cybersecurity Risk (2 of 4) (10:48)
- 4.5 What is Cybersecurity Risk (3 of 4) (18:35)
- 4.6 What is Cybersecurity Risk (4 of 4) (8:39)
- 4.7 What is Threat Modeling? (18:19)
- 4.8 Let's Assess Risk! (Practical Lab) (19:54)
- 4.8b Let's Assess Risk! (Practical Lab) (Part 2) (20:50)
- 4.9 Quiz - Cybersecurity Risk
- 4.10 Conclusion and Touchpoints (3:08)
- 4.11 Resume Bullet Unlocked
About the Instructor
Dr. Auger is a 17+ year cybersecurity professional, academic, and author. He has been the cybersecurity architect at MUSC, a multi-billion dollar academic medical center. He is currently a partner in a cybersecurity consulting firm, adjunct faculty at The Citadel Military College, and chief content creator of the successful YouTube channel SimplyCyber. Dr. Auger holds a PhD in cyber operations and two Masters in Computer Science and Information Assurance.
Follow Gerry on Social Media:
YouTube - https://youtube.com/GeraldAuger
Twitter - https://twitter.com/Gerald_Auger
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/geraldauger/
Website - https://simplycyber.io
Practical Ethical Hacking - The Complete Course
Learn how to hack like a pro by a pro. 25 hours of up to date practical hacking techniques with absolutely no filler.
Windows Privilege Escalation for Beginners
Learn how to escalate privileges on Windows machines with absolutely no filler.
Linux Privilege Escalation for Beginners
Learn how to escalate privileges on Linux machines with absolutely no filler.
Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Fundamentals
Learn the ins and outs of Open Source Intelligence and step up your investigative game.
External Pentest Playbook
Learn to conduct an external network penetration test from start to finish
Practical Malware Analysis & Triage
Arm yourself with knowledge and bring the fight to the bad guys. Learn the state of the art of malware analysis and reverse engineering.
Python 201 For Hackers
Move beyond the basics and learn how to actively use Python as a Windows hacking tool
Practical Web Application Security and Testing
An entry-level course on web application technologies, security considerations for web application development, and the web application penetration testing process.
Practical Windows Forensics
Learn how to conduct a digital forensic investigation on a Windows system from start to finish
Get 3 best-selling hacking courses, step up your hacking game, and save some cash in the process.
The Super Bundle
Get 4 of our best-selling hacking courses, step up your hacking game, and save some cash in the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a refund if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Yes. All courses come with a 3-day money-back guarantee.
Will I receive a certificate of completion when I finish a course?
Yes. All courses come with a certificate of completion.
Do the courses count as Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
Yes. Every certificate of completion comes with the total CEUs earned listed on the certificate.
Do course purchases come with lifetime access?
Yes. You only pay once for our courses!
Can I migrate Udemy courses?
Unfortunately, we cannot migrate users from Udemy to the Academy. Udemy does not provide us with student enrollment information. The Udemy courses do receive quality of life updates and are still supported by our team. We apologize for any inconvenience.
What's the difference between purchasing a course and the All-Access Pass?
When a student purchases a course, either individually or with a bundle, they receive lifetime access to the course and its materials. When a student purchases the All-Access pass subscription, they receive access to all of our courses and content, but the access is removed once the monthly subscription ends.