This course focuses on external penetration testing tactics and techniques designed to help you improve your pentest game. Students should take this course if they are interested in:
- Gaining a better understanding of the external pentest attack methodology and mindset
- Improving overall pentest skillset and client relations
- Crushing their next pentest job interview
- Previous beginner pentest knowledge strongly preferred
- Prior basic security knowledge strongly preferred
- Desire to learn is required :)
What will I learn?
The following concepts will be taught in this course:
- Objectives of an External Pentest
- Important Documents and Procedures
- Scope Verification and Client Communication
- Attack Strategies
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Common OSINT and Information Gathering Techniques
- Attacking O365/OWA
- Attacking Login Portals
- Bypassing MFA and Escalating Access
- Report Writing
- Identifying Common Pentest Findings
- Client Debriefs, Retests, and Attestations
Course Curriculum - 3.5 Hours
- Overview (0:52)
- Insufficient Authentication Controls (4:16)
- Weak Password Policy (4:17)
- Insufficient Patching (3:13)
- Default Credentials (3:37)
- Insufficient Encryption (3:05)
- Information Disclosure (4:02)
- Username Enumeration (2:37)
- Default Web Pages (1:47)
- Open Mail Relays (2:00)
- IKE Aggressive Mode (1:43)
- Unexpected Perimeter Services (1:39)
- Insufficient Traffic Blocking (2:14)
- Undetected Malicious Activity (1:55)
- Historical Account Compromises (1:46)
About the Instructor
Hi everyone! My name is Heath Adams, but I also go by "The Cyber Mentor" on social media. I am the founder and CEO of TCM Security, an ethical hacking and cybersecurity consulting company. While I am an ethical hacker by trade, I love to teach! I have taught courses to over 170,000 students on multiple platforms, including Udemy, YouTube, Twitch, and INE.
I am currently OSCP, OSWP, eCPPTX, eWPT, CEH, Pentest+, CCNA, Linux+, Security+, Network+, and A+ certified.
I'm also a husband, animal dad, tinkerer, and military veteran. I hope you enjoy my courses.
Follow Heath on Social Media:
LinkedIn - https://linkedin.com/in/heathadams
Twitter - https://twitter.com/thecybermentor
YouTube - https://youtube.com/c/thecybermentor
Twitch - https://twitch.tv/thecybermentor
Practical Ethical Hacking - The Complete Course
Learn how to hack like a pro by a pro. 25 hours of up to date practical hacking techniques with absolutely no filler.
Windows Privilege Escalation for Beginners
Learn how to escalate privileges on Windows machines with absolutely no filler.
Linux Privilege Escalation for Beginners
Learn how to escalate privileges on Linux machines with absolutely no filler.
Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Fundamentals
Learn the ins and outs of Open Source Intelligence and step up your investigative game.
Practical Malware Analysis & Triage
Arm yourself with knowledge and bring the fight to the bad guys. Learn the state of the art of malware analysis and reverse engineering.
Python 201 For Hackers
Move beyond the basics and learn how to actively use Python as a Windows hacking tool
Practical Web Application Security and Testing
An entry-level course on web application technologies, security considerations for web application development, and the web application penetration testing process.
Practical Windows Forensics
Learn how to conduct a digital forensic investigation on a Windows system from start to finish
The Definitive GRC Analyst Master Class
Everything you need to know to dive into the cybersecurity GRC pool
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a refund if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Yes. All courses come with a 3-day money-back guarantee.
Will I receive a certificate of completion when I finish a course?
Yes. All courses come with a certificate of completion.
Do the courses count as Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
Yes. Every certificate of completion comes with the total CEUs earned listed on the certificate.
Do course purchases come with lifetime access?
Yes. You only pay once for our courses!
Can I migrate Udemy courses?
Unfortunately, we cannot migrate users from Udemy to the Academy. Udemy does not provide us with student enrollment information. The Udemy courses do receive quality of life updates and are still supported by our team. We apologize for any inconvenience.
What's the difference between purchasing a course and the All-Access Pass?
When a student purchases a course, either individually or with a bundle, they receive lifetime access to the course and its materials. When a student purchases the All-Access pass subscription, they receive access to all of our courses and content, but the access is removed once the monthly subscription ends.