Linux 101 provides you with everything you need to know to start using Linux. This course was designed for those having no experience using Linux, but wanting to learn how to use it. The course is packed with all the content usually taught in an introductory university course, but without all the filler content of a university course. It contains essential, practical information gained from over 20 years of experience using Linux and Unix systems for daily work.
- A computing environment (Windows, Linux, or Mac*) capable of running a virtual machine with at least 4GB or RAM and 20GB of disk space. *Note that new MacBook Pros with the M1 chip are unable to run virtual machines such as the ones demonstrated in this course.
- A willingness to dive into Linux!
- Use common Linux commands and utilities;
- Find help on new commands in Linux;
- Use advanced shell concepts such as pipes and command substitution;
- Understand the Linux filesystem hierarchy standard and use it to find files;
- Use regular expressions to execute powerful search and filter operations;
- Perform basic administrative actions normal for a Linux desktop environment; and,
- Develop short Linux shell scripts.
Course Curriculum - 5.5 Hours
- Linux Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (7:41)
- Devices, Partitions, and Mounting (8:21)
- Absolute and Relative Paths (5:29)
- Working with Files and Directories (5:37)
- Spaces in Paths and Filenames (3:03)
- File and Path Expansion (3:34)
- Even More Looking at Text Files (3:32)
- Hard and Soft Filesystem Links (5:28)
- Compressing and Archiving Files (7:27)
- Searching the Filesystem (5:17)
About the Instructor
Brent has seven years experience as a software engineer and 17 years experience as a university professor. He has experience designing and teaching courses in subjects ranging from programming to operating system design to computer architecture. He has had the pleasure to mentor and teach numerous students that have gone on to successful careers.
Brent has a Bachelor of Science in Physics and Math from Southern Nazarene University, and a Masters and PhD in Computer Science from the University of Oklahoma. He has been the principal investigator in two National Science Foundation research grants. He has also earned eJPT and Security+ certifications.
Follow Brent on Social Media:
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/brenteskridge/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/brenteskridge
Practical Ethical Hacking - The Complete Course
Learn how to hack like a pro by a pro. 25 hours of up to date practical hacking techniques with absolutely no filler.
Windows Privilege Escalation for Beginners
Learn how to escalate privileges on Windows machines with absolutely no filler.
Linux Privilege Escalation for Beginners
Learn how to escalate privileges on Linux machines with absolutely no filler.
Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Fundamentals
Learn the ins and outs of Open Source Intelligence and step up your investigative game.
External Pentest Playbook
Learn to conduct an external network penetration test from start to finish
Practical Malware Analysis & Triage
Arm yourself with knowledge and bring the fight to the bad guys. Learn the state of the art of malware analysis and reverse engineering.
Python 201 For Hackers
Move beyond the basics and learn how to actively use Python as a Windows hacking tool
Practical Web Application Security and Testing
An entry-level course on web application technologies, security considerations for web application development, and the web application penetration testing process.
Practical Windows Forensics
Learn how to conduct a digital forensic investigation on a Windows system from start to finish
The Definitive GRC Analyst Master Class
Everything you need to know to dive into the cybersecurity GRC pool
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get a refund if I'm unhappy with my purchase?
Yes. All courses come with a 3-day money-back guarantee.
Will I receive a certificate of completion when I finish a course?
Yes. All courses come with a certificate of completion.
Do the courses count as Continuing Education Units (CEUs)?
Yes. Every certificate of completion comes with the total CEUs earned listed on the certificate.
Do course purchases come with lifetime access?
Yes. You only pay once for our courses!
Can I migrate Udemy courses?
Unfortunately, we cannot migrate users from Udemy to the Academy. Udemy does not provide us with student enrollment information. The Udemy courses do receive quality of life updates and are still supported by our team. We apologize for any inconvenience.
What's the difference between purchasing a course and the All-Access Pass?
When a student purchases a course, either individually or with a bundle, they receive lifetime access to the course and its materials. When a student purchases the All-Access pass subscription, they receive access to all of our courses and content, but the access is removed once the monthly subscription ends.